Are you obsessed with finding and sharing feminist and female empowerment stories online? Do your friends look to you on Facebook, Twitter and Reddit for the latest trends, ideas and memes? Moxie Media is based in the Baltimore-D.C. area and is the newest online voice for women, by women.
With more than 150 posts drawing more than 12,000 unique visitors and 19,000 views in the last eight months, we are looking to grow our team and expand content formats. Graphics, videos, comics, photo essays and other media formats are now joining the Moxie collection of articles at findyourmoxie.com.
Moxie has a remote, but dedicated work environment and we seek talented interns who crave taking initiative to help push the company forward. As an intern you will be focusing on strengthening the Moxie social media presence on Facebook, Twitter and Reddit.
Our ideal candidate is a driven self-starter who is always up on what’s new on social media and is creative and thoughtful when interacting with online communities and building relationships.
What You Will Be Involved In:
- Creating a long-term social media plan and marketing calendar.
- Building relationships with our online community by maintaining Facebook, Twitter, Reddit and other media accounts.
- Tracking social media analytics and report results
- Brainstorming new ideas on how to share online content
- Creating compelling content that will be shared by influencers
- Plenty of additional opportunities in related projects
What We Require:
- Background in Marketing, Communication or other related discipline.
Strong communication skills.
- Proficient in Google Drive.
- Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
- Creative and Flexible.
- Familiarity with social networking sites desired.
- Interested in Moxie’s mission and in feminism and social justice.
The position offered is a four month remote position, with the option to continue if the fit is right. You are expected to work 10 hours a week. To apply please submit a writing sample and resume to Lauren Linhard at email@example.com.