Becka Wall – @beckawall
You’ve unceremoniously kicked 2016 to the curb and are ready to take on 2017. Now it’s time to get organized and make the most of it! Here are a few items to add to your post-holiday sale shopping list to make every day #worthit.
I know, I know – You have a Google Calendar, and it’s already full of reminders and notes and birthdays. Why create another system? Hear me out. A paper planner allows you to do two key things:
- Layout your whole week and plan the week ahead. Sick of cancelling plans last minute because you forgot Tuesday was the day before the big project was due on Wednesday? Sitting down on Sunday night with your digital calendar and copying everything over to your paper calendar will help you navigate this crazy thing we call life.
- Check more things off your to-do list. By putting your to-do list next to your schedule each week, you can think ahead about going to go to the grocery store, planning that dentist appointment or calling your grandma.
It is so tempting to visit that stellar Indian place down the street from your office, but before you know it, you’ve blown through your budget on lunches and you feel salty and sluggish from eating out so often. The answer? Pack lunch – buy Tupperware and lunchbags that make it easy and fun to do so. Need some lunch-spiration? Check out these ideas on what to bring for lunch:
- 27 Tips for Packing a Better Lunch
- 17 Healthy Lunches for People who Hate Salad
- 27 Awesome Lunches to Bring to Work
If you’re anything like me, you’re guilty of pulling a wrinkled shirt out of the closet, hoping your morning commute will help even out a few of those wrinkles. But no more – this little clothes steamer only takes a few minutes to warm up, and then smooths out those wrinkles in two to three more minutes. Smooth, clean shirts and no need to drag out your iron and ironing board – it’s a win-win.